I don't know if you are aware that tomorrow is the first day of Archery Season and Kevin couldn't be more excided. He's been talking about it for months now. He's all set up and they are headed to Delta to go hunting with Ryan. (Ryan's been scouting to find big Elk all week.) I laugh at Kevin and my Dad. We had to take Kevin's camo over to my mom last night so we could wash it in this special scent elimination soap so the Elk can't smell them coming. Then we had to put the camo in a bag that keeps all the odors out. They even have body wash, shampoo and deorderant that hides or gets rid of the smell. I laughed at the lip balm. Kevin has been practicing his Elk calling and Joselyn loves it. She walks around the house with Kevn's call and makes an Elk sound. She like's Kevin's Hoochie Mama. (That's a call that says "Hey boys! I'm over here!" to the big Elk or so I've been told.)
And the boys say that we are crazy and spend all of their money. I don't have a pair of shoes that are the same cost as the calls, let alone the GPS (that is must have for our 72 hour kit I'm told) and the bow, arrows and all of the camo clothes. I'm sure that there are more gadgets that I don't know about. I like to give Kevin a hard time but I'm glad he's found something that he really likes to do. I hope he has a good weekend. I'll keep you updated on their luck!



1 comment:
Funny thing is, is that Hads is sitting on my lap and she can name all three of those calls.. No SERIOUSLY.. SHE CAN.. ScArY.. I think her and Joselyn will be good hunting buddies when they get big...
Or there dads will just take them to call in the elk because they will be pros by age 5, i swear.. hads loves doing the hoochie mama too.. and its funny to hear her say it!!! ha ha.. See ya Later!!Come visit sometime.. That would be COOL
Post a Comment